Tuesday, November 8, 2011

God is Good; Thereby, I AM




By Pamela Chapman

If you have been following any of my writings or read anything on any of my blog sites, you have come to realize that I am not one who glorifies victimization. I believe that each and every one of us has the power to: get wealth, prosper, thrive, and live an abundant life. You know that I believe if you believe you are a victim, than you will be just that. I believe thoughts lead to feelings, feelings lead to actions and our actions give us a result each and every time.

 Thoughts --------> Feelings --------> Actions = Results

Here’s a simple scenario for you ladies:

Thought:       Hmmm he’s late from work, again. It’s the fourth time this month. He’s probably cheating that no good, lying ...
Feeling:        Anger, depression, low self-esteem, restlessness, fear, suspicion/distrust
Action:         Yelling, screaming, checking mates pockets or cell phone, lack of communication; fear-based decisions,
Result:          Destroyed relationship, possible divorce, hurt children if any, broken hearts/family.

Now ladies, or should I say victims, how many times has this happened? How many times have you jumped to a conclusion before you gave anyone an opportunity to explain their actions? Now, let me make this perfectly clear. I am not talking about a situation where you are being abused either emotionally, physically, mentally, or sexually. In those situations I always only have one reply and that is, “Get, the Hell Out!” I am, however, talking about situations where we choose to always be the victim whether it is in our relationships, careers, or life in general.

Do you know anyone who always seems to have drama, always in some type of battle? They might be battling with a spouse, child or employer. They sometimes contrive these battles of the mind where they’re fighting some invisible force or entity. Why is it that bad things seem to happen to some good people all the time? If God is good, and I believe He is, where is the manifestation of goodness?

I believe in and practice the, “I AM” theory.  Here’s how it works. When Moses said to God, “Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?”  And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” As you can see, I am also a believer in Holy Scripture.

Let me take this one step further. God said, I am who I am. Now, this next statement will make some of you angry. But, at this point in the game of life for me, I really don’t give a rip. I hope making you angry will shed some light on your pitiful victimization. So, stating this simply, If God is in me, and I believe he’s in each and every one of us since everything is God; and, I am in Him—I cannot be separated from my source, than the “I AM WHO I AM” applies to me also.

     When I say, I AM broke-voila', I become unable to create or find money.
     When I say, I AM powerless-amazingly, I become weak and victimized.
     When I say, I AM sick and tired, magically, I become ill and fatigued.


What if I began to believe, I AM Good? If God is good and all that is in Him and through Him is good, then am I not good? Is all that surrounds me through Him, by Him not good?

Let’s use our Thoughts --------> Feelings --------> Actions = Results model. Here we go:

Thought:       God is good; thereby, I AM Good!
Feeling:        Increased esteem, confident, peaceful, motivated, blessed, resilient, filled with faith
Action:         Move forward with confidence: write a vision plan or business plan, change careers, exit toxic relationships
Result:          A purpose-filled abundant life

It’s very easy to throw around clichés. In fact, we often use them without really ever thinking about or having any real understanding of what we’re saying leading to nothing more than rhetoric.  If God is good, let’s reap what His goodness has in store for us. I’d even go one step further- let's each and every person become His Divine Goodness seeing goodness in others, letting it magically unfold allowing us to leave our victimization(s) behind to embrace and live a life more abundant.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be added shortly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

The opinions and information expressed in the individual posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions of each contributor of "Time's Up!" nor the opinion of the blog owner and administrator. The comments are the opinion and property of the individuals who leave them on the posts and do not express the opinion of the authors, contributors or the blog owner and administrator.