By Sheryl McCollum
How much more does Beth and Dave have to endure from this guy? Joran Van der Sloot has confessed yet again. He now claims to have “dumped her in a swamp”. This is their baby he is talking about. The media of course seizes on this story with frenzy. This information surfaced in 2009 but we are just hearing about it as though it is breaking developments. Its old news and Aruba will do nothing with it – standard procedure from them.
What does this latest “confession” mean? Is this last “confession” enough to convict him? Could it be that he is trying to get on TV? Is he trying to send searchers away from where the body is? Is he just hurting the people who loved Natalee? Is he just a pathological liar? Does he know where Natalee’s body was disposed of but gets off during every search?
· May 30, 2005 Natalee missed flight home
· Early morning hours was seen leaving a bar with Van der Sloot
· Last Known Person Seen with Victim
· At first Van der Sloot claims was he did not know Natalee
· Then claimed she was drunk and preformed oral sex on him
· Then he stated he dropped her off at the Holiday Inn
· Days later he fingered two black hotel security guards
· June 5th the security guards sre arrested
· June 9th 10 days after Natalee disappearance Van der Sloot is arrested
· On June 10, 2005, Joran claimed that the Kalpoes dropped him off at his house and drove off with Natalee.
· On June 11, the Kalpoes said they actually left Joran and Natalee at the beach
· On June 17, police arrested Steven Croes, a local disc jockey who played music at bars and on a party boat called the Tattoo. Croes was a friend of Joran and Deepak and backed up their story that they had dropped Natalee off at the Holiday Inn after riding around the island in Deepak's car.
· Ten days later a judge decided that although Croes had lied to police, he wasn't directly tied to Natalee's disappearance.
· June 18 and 19, Aruban police spent a total of seven hours questioning Joran's father, a lawyer who was training to become a judge. Four days later the police arrested him.
· On June 26, without explanation, a fellow judge ordered Paulus van der Sloot released from custody
· Joran said he lied about taking Natalee back to her hotel because he was scared. "I didn't want anyone to know," he told ABC News. "I didn't want anyone to know I left her at the beach. I lied because, yeah, I was scared. I had a girlfriend at the time. I didn't want my dad to think bad of me. I didn't want my friends to think bad of me."
· In another version of the story, this one reported by Jossy Mansur, editor of the Aruban newspaper Diario, Joran told police investigators that he suspected Deepak may have returned to the beach after dropping him off at home.
· According to the police report the suspect J.A.P. van der Sloot, the suspect D. Kalpoe had returned to the girl after having left her sleeping on the beach. To our question to the suspect J.A.P. van der Sloot what he thought had happened between the girl Natalee Holloway and the suspect D. Kalpoe, he declared that he thought that the suspect D. Kalpoe raped and killed the girl. To solve the problem, Joran again adjusted his story. He said he walked home from the beach, a 30 to 40 minute walk.
· Later, Joran changed his story again. He called Deepak for a ride, he said, but Satish picked him up instead, in Deepak's car.
· Then on August 26, Aruban cops arrested the Kalpoes again, citing "new facts and circumstances" that implicated the brothers and others in "premeditated murder and rape." Six days later, on September 1, a judge ordered the police to release Joran. The next day, the judge ordered the release of the Kalpoe brothers.
· On April 27, a team of 20 Dutch forensic investigators began two days of searching and digging at the van der Sloot estate on Aruba.
· Jordan writes a book about the case 2007
· February 3, 2008 Van der Sloot “Confessed” in vehicle on an undercover camera that Natalee began convulsing and died and a friend disposed of the body
· An Aruban Judge denied the arrest warrant based on the tapes
· November 2008 Van der Sloot gave an interview where he stated he sold Natalee into “white slavery” and his father paid off police officers
· February 2010 it was reported that Van der Sloot “Confessed” to a friend in 2009 that he “dumped her in the marsh”
· Aruban authorities dismiss this latest information as “unbelievable”
Aruban authorities have dismissed every single bit of evidence and did not look for others.
Joran’s home was not searched until June 15, 2005. What could be covered up, destroyed or altered in just over 15 days?
This case is a textbook study for re-victimization. The arrogance of the number one suspect only compounds the damage. Every “confession” and lie was just retracted as though it was no big deal. He has stated that he would “hate Natalee” if he met her for putting him through this. The title of his book refers to what happened to him. He stated he was “shaking the bitch” on the beach saying “what’s wrong with you man”. Now that daddy is gone and can’t pay off police and can’t stop Joran from running his mouth will we get another confession soon?