Monday, December 28, 2009

Incarnation NOT Rehabilitation



By Sheryl McCollum


He came in through the window – no forced entry - he kidnapped her – assaulted her - then he killed her.  The victim was in the sixth grade.  She was in her own bedroom.  This known sex offender should have been in prison – not out dating the victim’s aunt.  By the way ladies, these offenders are not dating you, they are targeting your children.   

Sarah Foxwell’s body was found Christmas day.  The suspect was not cooperative with police.  Imagine that!  A known sex offender not helping the police! 
                    
Thomas James Leggs Jr is the suspected killer.  He is a registered sex offender in two states (Maryland and Delaware)!  The police have reported that they are interviewing possible additional victims.  Standard police procedure is to look for additional victims because there are likely more victims.



Let’s review:

Registered sex offenders repeat offenses.   
Regisrated sex offenders kill innocent victims while on these registries. 

If you have a loved one that is a sex offender and you are standing by them while they are getting rehabilitated – I am fixing to offend you – stop reading now!

Sex offenders can’t be rehabilitated!

If someone is attracted sexually to 5 year old girls no amount of counseling is going to stop that attraction.  If someone has the ability to sexually assault and then kill – we can’t help them with therapy!  They are sick and twisted and must be kept away from innocent people.  Let’s stop letting these dangerous criminals out of prison and lock them up where they belong. 

Parents and guardians are better educated about sex offenders and no longer leave children alone in the toy section but the offenders have become more brazen.  They are coming into the home in the dead of night taking children from their room.  This is not a new phenomenon. 

Remember Polly Klass, she was kidnapped while having a slumber party with friends.  She was inside her own room with friends playing games.  Richard Allen Davis had a history of violence against females – a long history.  He was on parole when he murdered Polly.

Then there is Elizabeth Smart from Utah that was also kidnapped from her bedroom.  Elizabeth was not killed but was held captive for 9 months by her kidnapper.  Brian David Mitchell at the age of 16 was caught exposing himself to a child.  Stop right there – sex offender!  He of course was sent to live with a grandmother – the cure all for bad behavior. 

The list goes on and on.  Sex offender registries are a great tool for law enforcement and to the general public but they only inform us they do not protect us.  We should know who these criminals are but they should not be among us free to repeat their crimes and harm our children.  The only way to protect us is to keep them away from us!



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

9 comments:

  1. i beg to differ on this one I do believe these people can be rehabillatated if they want to. and in some case they refuse. and these are the one that should stay behind bars. But they are those that want to change an get help. i know because I know someone who has been cleaned for 11 years from this kind of thing. and he does not want to repeat this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. to Anonymous above it is not if you will reoffend it is when and although you are torturued with this demon doesn't mean innocent children's rights should not be priority. You are dangerous and you will reoffend it is a matter of when and you are in denial or manipulation whichever and society will wake up and someday you will not be free to "stay clean"

    ReplyDelete
  3. these people cannot be rehabilitated. how do you know your 11 years clean person hasn't done it again? do you spend every minute with him/her? they are never off on their own?

    it's a very sad and unfortunate truth that some people are just broken, and we can't fix them. we don't want to believe that. but it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. IF YOU HURT A CHILD AND ARE CAUGHT,CASTRATE THE SOB AND LOCK HIM/HER UP FOR LIFE.THEY TOOK AWAY THAT CHILDS LIFE AND INNOCENCE,WHY THE HELL SHOULD THEY BE LET OUT OF JAIL,THAT CHILD CAN NEVER GET BACK WHAT WAS TAKEN AWAY FROM THEM.CHILDRENS RIGHTS NEED TO BE TOP PRIORITY.YOU ARE SICK,TWISTED,PIECE OF GARBAGE TO HURT A CHILD.MY HEART AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO ALL THE FAMILYS OF THESE CHILDREN AND THE CHILDREN.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great article that I so agree with. Sex offenders should not be let out of prison ever! There is no rehabiliation. The professionals don't even know what causes this so how do they know the correct therapy to use? They don't know their therapy failed until the monster has taken another victim. Why take a chance? Why give them a chance to be a "repeat" sex offender? Castrating does no good. There is more than one way to kill or abuse or sexually molest/batter/rape someone and you don't have to have a penus to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think if a sex offender murdered, then he should be put to death right away. And let the parents of the murdered child be the ones to do it if they choose to. Maybe if justice was quick, criminals and murderers would think twice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I FEEL ALL SEX OFFENDERS SHOULD BE PUT TO DEATH NO IF ANDS OR BUTS ABOUT IT. THEY CANNOT BE REHABILITATED, THEY ARE SICK INDIVIDUALS AND IF GIVEN THE CHANCE WOULD KEEP REPEATING. LETS HELP BREAK THIS SICK CYCLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was a child victim who was sexually assaulted when I was 8 years old. I am now 43 years old and dealing with this issue in therapy (this time, I am going beneath the surface because Iam ready now). Let me tell you my story. I was at a movie theater with 5 other childhood friends. All between the ages of 8-10 years old. We begged our parents if we could go to the children's theater without a parent chaperoning use;so many other children were allowed to do this is what we used to convince our parents and we thought back then,our neighborhood was safe. My mother took us to the theater and paid the usher to watch us. Well, one of my cousins got a bright idea to sneak out of the theater and walk down the street to his grandmother's house to get more money. The grandmother was not home. While walking back to the theater to wait for my mother to pick us up, we met this 19 year old predator. He lied to us by telling us that we were wanted by the theater manager for breaking into a candy machine (a huge lie). He told us to follow him and we did because we wanted to clear our names. He took us behind the theater to wait for the manager. He suddenly pulled out a large knife and told me and another 9 year girl to come with him in the woods where he raped us. The other kids were too scared to run because they thought he was going to kill us. After he was caught some weeks later, we found out he raped a 3 year old girl and another girl (I can't remember how old she was). I thought my parents and my granparents were going to kill him in the court room. Now 35 years later.... I am like an onion that has to be peeled by the layers. I went to counseling as a child but did not feel safe so I never really opened up about the rape. However, this is what I recently learned about me. I spoke these words in one of my therapy sessions. At times,an abnormal relationship can appear to be normal to me. The first sexual relationship that I experienced was by a predator; someone who lied and manipulated me to gain my trust to follow him. Therefore, men who prey on women swarm around me like buzzards. Normally,my sixth sense of danger kicks in (I developed this after being rape) and I present my stay the hell away from me persona(I also developed this skill as protection)However, every now and then, a predator would get past my radar and I find myself fighting to un-tangle myself from the grasp of evil. It feels like it has taken me a lifetime to get a place of being excited about finally understanding what type of man I want in my life. I no longer rationalize the behavior of a predator as normalcy. As for the sex offender being rehabilitated; my answer is this: The pedophile who raped me continued to offend until he raped me.Personally,regardless if he can be rehabilitated or not. Look at the effects on these little girls. If they are not murdered physically,they are surely murdered spiritually. It is really hard to put something like this into perspective when it happens to you as a child. For example,as a child, it is difficult to understand it is not the child's fault. For years, I said to myself that I caused my rape because I was disobedient. It took forever to convince that little girl inside of me that leaving the theater did not merit getting raped. An eight year old doesn't conclude the predator is pathological so it is so difficult to label or term the same deceiving,manipulative,and aggressive behavior as an adult. It's hard to establish boundaries when they are crossed as a child. I know that I am blessed; it is as if I am Arnold Schwarzenegga's character who survives the monster in the movie "Predator". I know there are more like me but I also know what it takes to get to the place of going back and convincing that 8 year old child in me that she is safe now. I will never support feeling sorry for these predators and believing that they are not a danger to an innocent child who doesn't have the physical strenght or the mental alertness to protect himself/herself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As a Therapist, they CAN be rehabilitated. As an American, perpetrators of such crimes need to be executed immediately, no questions asked.IF people were to come forward with such addictions before stepping over the line of committing an inexcusable crime, they can be helped. Once they've destroyed others for their own pleasure, they don't deserve help, they need to be put down, just like anyone would do to a rabid dog. Violent criminals can't be fixed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. It will be added shortly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

The opinions and information expressed in the individual posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions of each contributor of "Time's Up!" nor the opinion of the blog owner and administrator. The comments are the opinion and property of the individuals who leave them on the posts and do not express the opinion of the authors, contributors or the blog owner and administrator.