Friday, May 20, 2011

A Thousand More Sunrises for Robin Smith

We have experienced days where we wish we could go back under the covers and hide from the world until the next new sunrise. Yesterday, I had one of those days. Absolutely nothing went right from my first cup of morning coffee that never made it to my lips because it slipped out of my half awake hand crashing onto the kitchen floor. And I have a rule to never answer my cell phone or attempt to read a 5:00 a.m text without the jump start of a strong, hot cup of coffee.

The day was one crisis after another. In the eyes of almost everyone, I was on their "personal bark list." From prosecutors to law enforcement and all those in between by 9:00 a.m. I wanted to call it a day, go back to bed until the following morning and start fresh with a clean slate. But I could not. It was also radio day at the Zeus studio's and I had my Thursday two hour show to do. I sucked it up the best I could putting a smile on my face and forged ahead. The day did not get better.

Exhausted and feeling a self defeating pity party coming on with me, myself and I, clouding over on the day seemed all but lost. After checking my emails I headed over to face book. A woman by the name of Robin Smith left me this comment " I just wanted to say that this picture of you is beautiful. I hope you are having an awesome week." How thoughtful of her, I said to myself.

Then towards the bottom of her face book page is this:

"As some of you know, I have had 7 cancer surgeries, but God has been right with me. On 5/16/11 my doctor did a physical and found a tiny spot. I refused the biopsy until I have completed the Trail of Hopes for St Jude. I do not have time to be down for any length of time. So please join our event and prayers are always welcome."

This remarkable woman is also the author of
and she is a songwriter, a good one I might add, I encourage you to take a listen: http://www.reverbnation.com/songwriterrobingolliher

Robin also has a non-profit organization called "A Way Out 4 All [http://www.awayout4all.webs.com] an agency dedicated to those in abusive relationships. I suggest we all become prayer warriors for this amazing woman.

My prayer and wish is for our Father in Heaven to allow Robin to watch a thousand more sunrises.

Yours is the day and yours the night, you caused sun and light to exist, you fixed all the boundaries of the earth, you created summer and winter. Psalm 74:16-17

Susan Murphy Milano is with the Institute for Relational Harm Reduction and Public Pathology Education. She is an expert on intimate partner violence and homicide crimes. For more information visit http://www.saferelationshipsmagazine.com/ She is also in partnership with Pamela Chapman and iAscend Programs. http://pamelachapmanl.biz

Susan is the author of "Time's Up A Guide on How to Leave and Survive Abusive and Stalking Relationships," available for purchase at the Institute, Amazon.com and wherever books are sold. Susan is the host of The Susan Murphy Milano Show, "Time's Up!" on Here Women Talk http://www.herewomentalk.com/ and is a regular contributor to the nationally syndicated The Roth Show with Dr Laurie Roth. Susan is a survivor- the daughter of a police officer family intimate partner homicide by her father who murdered her mother before committing suicide.

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome lady she must be and she took the time out of her own problems to give you that compliment. I am impressed and humbled.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. It will be added shortly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

The opinions and information expressed in the individual posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions of each contributor of "Time's Up!" nor the opinion of the blog owner and administrator. The comments are the opinion and property of the individuals who leave them on the posts and do not express the opinion of the authors, contributors or the blog owner and administrator.